Efficient Retail & Distribution Route Planning
for Small and Large Fleets
Plan optimized routes instantly. Increase the efficiency of your fleet. Cut down costs.
How does route planning for
retail & distribution work
Get started in minutes
- Import deliveries from Excel or your online ordering system, view them on a map
- Set delivery areas, priorities and delivery time windows
- Set multiple depots/distribution centers
Plan efficient routes
- Optimized multi-stop routes instantly, to improve outbound logistics efforts
- Configure driver working times & lunch-breaks
- Configure vehicle types and capacities
- Plan reload stops before starting the next trip
Live Track your last-mile delivery team and manage their ETAs
- Shows where your fleet is in real-time
- What’s done, who’s on time, who’s behind
- Last-minute, rush orders easy to assign
Keep customers informed with live ETAs
- Share accurate estimated delivery times with your customers
- Integrated and customizable email and text message notification delivery platform
- Automatic status updates for a better customer experience
Ease driver’s work with the mobile app
- Send routes directly to drivers’ mobile phones
- Orders, schedule, navigation in a single app (iPhone and Android)
- Mid-route changes immediately on driver screens
Weekly delivery management
- Scale your business by slotting jobs into days with light workloads
- Schedule a backlog of deliveries up to 5 weeks in advance
- Create multi-day schedules with delivery times that match customer preferences
How to improve your retail distribution routing
1. Sign up for a 30-day free trial
Our optimization consultant will be in touch immediately.
2. Import your orders, drivers and plan their routes
Everything you need to help you get started.
3. Read how Hardie’s Fresh Foods Reduces Mileage by 20% While Increasing Delivery Capacity by 14%
Using OptimoRoute, Hardie’s Fresh Foods improved their operational efficiency while maintaining on-time delivery.
Frequently asked questions
What types of retail distribution businesses does OptimoRoute support?
OptimoRoute’s retail distribution route planning software supports outbound logistics of a variety of businesses ranging food delivery, retail delivery and many more. From small to large fleets, using OptimoRoute helps businesses scale their operations, cut down costs and planning time and improve their efficiency.Case Studies
What do I need to set up OptimoRoute?
OptimoRoute is a web based service so you only need a web browser. There is no installation on your computer. Click here to learn how to get started.Learn how
How does OptimoRoute improve the customer experience?
By making deliveries faster and helping improve your delivery operations, your customers end up benefiting. In fact, Hardie’s Fresh Food managed to increase their delivery capacity by 14% while keeping on-time delivery at 90% (and increasing).
Is there a limit of orders I can plan at once?
Depending on your plan, the limit is 250, 500 or 750. This means depending on your plan, you can import 250, 500 or 750 orders at once, as well as have that same number of orders being taken into consideration for planning during your planning timeframe.Pricing
Does OptimoRoute support ELD compliance?
Yes – by configuring driver’s working hours, breaks and balancing workload between drivers, OptimoRoute helps stay compliant with ELD requirements.Learn more about ELD compliance
How can I optimize my truck routing further?
Recently, we’ve published an in-depth article about truck routing for retail delivery and distribution, so make sure to check it out.Read article