Automated Route Planning Software for Garbage & Waste Collection Routes
OptimoRoute’s route optimization software takes waste collection route planning and scheduling to the next level. Factor in all workflow constraints. Improve your operational efficiency. We’ll help you solve all your garbage collection vehicle routing problems.
The Most Efficient Waste Collection Route Planning Software
Faster planning and efficient routes are essential for scaling your sanitation business.
Increase pickup efficiency by 40%
Reduce driving times with efficient routes while factoring in complex or high-density workflow constraints.
Save 30% of your time and money every day
Optimal routes and smarter driver or vehicle assignments will save you time and gas.
7x faster planning and seamless integration with your existing systems
Eliminate stress and minimize planning efforts thanks to our fully automated process.
Provide better service
Exceed customer expectations with realistic schedules and accurate garbage collection times.
How Waste Collection Route Planning Works
Get started in minutes
- Import lists of pickups from Excel or your online ordering system, then geolocate them on a map and spot outliers.
- Set priorities, time windows, business hours, and service areas.
- Create plans that factor in driver skills, working times, and lunch breaks.
- Configure vehicle specifics to make sure orders end up on the right truck without overloading.
Plan efficient routes
- Plan thousands of pickups instantly to improve your waste collection operations.
- Create routes that avoid U-turns or crossing the street.
- Plan offload stops to disposal sites.
- Balance workloads between drivers.
Live Track your waste collection and manage their ETAs
- See where your drivers are in real time.
- Know what’s been done, who’s on time, and who’s behind with our real-time data.
- Skip last-minute scheduling problems because rush orders are easy to assign.
Add Proof of Service to tasks
- Workers can take photos upon service completion.
- Upload photos on-site and record what was done or what needs more work on your next visit.
- Collect signatures that show customers were satisfied.
Mobile App for drivers
- Send schedules and routes to technicians’ mobile devices (iOS and Android apps).
- Reduce errors with tasks, job statuses, schedules, and navigation located in our Mobile App.
- Drivers see mid-route changes immediately on their screens.
Weekly collection planning
- Scale your business by slotting jobs into days with light workloads.
- Schedule a backlog of pickups up to five weeks at a time.
- Create multi-day schedules with pickup times that match customer requirements.
How to Improve Your Waste Collection Service With Smarter Routes
1. Sign up for a 30-day free trial
Our optimization consultant will be in touch immediately.
2. Import your tasks and drivers and plan their routes
Everything you need to help you get started.
3. Read how Doody Calls maximizes capacity and reduces payroll expenses with OptimoRoute
Since implementing OptimoRoute, the company uses numerous features to ensure each service exactly matches clients’ needs. Schedules match customer timing preferences—availability window and before or after a certain time are all taken into consideration without sacrificing efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is OptimoRoute a good fit for my waste collection business?
OptimoRoute is a waste management routing software used by both small and large waste collection companies. If you have one or 100 garbage trucks and perform liquid waste collection, solid waste collection, or collect recyclables, by using OptimoRoute, you will see immediate efficiency improvements and cost savings. We’ll help solve any waste collection routing problem. Given its ease of use and on-call route optimization consultants available 24/7, you’ll be able to get started immediately.Case studies
What do I need to set up OptimoRoute?
OptimoRoute is a web-based service, so you only need a web browser. There is no installation on your computer. Click here to learn how to get started.
How to get started
Does OptimoRoute support different workflow constraints particular to waste collection routes?
OptimoRoute supports a variety of constraints particular to the workflows of waste management businesses. This includes setting location business hours, vehicle types (refuse and oil collection trucks), vehicle capacities (weight and volume), haulers’ working hours and breaks, avoiding U-turns or crossing the street, and many more.Signup for a free trial
Reduce your operational costs by 30%
Increase delivery capacity by 43%
Plan 7x faster