Automated Route Planning of
Waste Collection Routes
Plan the most efficient routes. Factor in all workflow constraints. Improve your operational efficiency.
How waste collection route planning works
Easily get started
- Import lists of pickups from Excel or your online ordering system, geolocate them on a map and spot outliers
- Set priorities, time windows, business hours and service areas
- Configure driver skills, working times and lunch breaks
- Configure vehicle types and capacities
Plan efficient routes
- Plan thousands of pickups instantly, to improve waste your collection operations
- Create routes that avoid U-turns or crossing the street
- Plan offload stops to disposal sites
- Balance workload between drivers
Live Track your waste collection and manage their ETAs
- Shows where your drivers are in real time
- What’s done, who’s on time, who’s behind
- Last-minute, rush orders easy to assign
Mobile App for drivers
- Send routes directly to drivers’ mobile phones
- Orders, schedule, navigation in a single app (iPhone and Android)
- Mid-route changes immediately available on driver screens
Weekly collection planning
- Scale your business by slotting jobs into days with light workloads
- Schedule a backlog of pickups up to 5 weeks at a time
- Create multi-day schedules with pickup times that match SLA or customer requirements
How to improve your waste collection service with smarter routes
1. Sign up for a 30-day free trial
Our optimization consultant will be in touch immediately.
2. Import your tasks, drivers and plan their routes
Everything you need to help you get started.
3. Read how Doody Calls maximizes capacity and reduces payroll expenses with OptimoRoute.
Since implementing OptimoRoute, the company uses numerous features to ensure each service exactly matches clients’ needs. Schedules match customer timing preferences – availability window, before a certain time, or after a certain time – all taken into consideration without sacrificing efficiency.
Frequently asked questions
Is OptimoRoute a good fit for my waste collection business?
OptimoRoute is a waste management routing software used by both small and large waste collection companies. If you have 1 or a 100 garbage trucks, perform liquid or solid waste collection, by using OptimoRoute, you will see immediate efficiency improvements and cost savings. Given its ease of use and on-call route optimization consultant available 24/7, you are able to get started immediately.Case studies
What do I need to set up OptimoRoute?
OptimoRoute is a web based service so you only need a web browser. There is no installation on your computer. Click here to learn how to get started.How to get started
Does OptimoRoute support different workflow constraints particular to waste collection routes?
OptimoRoute supports a variety of constraints particular workflows of waste management businesses. This includes setting location business hours, vehicle types (refuse and oil collection trucks), vehicle capacities (weight and volume), driver’s working hours and breaks, avoiding U-turns or crossing the street and many more.Signup for a free trial