November 29, 2016
Adding Drivers and Setting Driver Details
Drivers can be created and modified in the Drivers section of the Administration settings (Administration menu can be found in the top right corner of the screen).
When you click on the Add driver button Add driver window pops up and you are asked to define the driver details:
- Serial number (optional) – optional serial number, can be used during importing of orders to preassign certain orders to certain drivers
- Full name* – Name and Surname of the driver
- Mobile number (optional) – mobile phone number
- Email (optional)
- Navigation application (optional) – navigation application that will be used for navigation on a smartphone when routes are sent to drivers email. The following applications are supported: Google Maps, Bing Maps, Apple Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Garmin StreetPilot and Waze.
- Default vehicle (optional) – if you have created vehicles in the system, you can set the drivers default vehicle
- Start work at – time at which the driver starts to work, this is an important parameter for the route planning
- Finish work at – time at which the driver finishes work, this is an important parameter for the route planning
- Allowed overtime – maximum allowed overtime in minutes
- Limit route distance – maximum distance driver is allowed/planned to drive
- Schedule a break for this driver – create a time window to schedule a break into the drivers route
To modify a driver double click on the driver in the grid, or click the checkbox on the left side and click the Edit driver button.
An edit driver window will pop up allowing you to make your changes.
Driver skills can be assigned in the Skills tab.
Drivers cost can be adjusted in the Cost tab. The following options are available:
- Fixed Costs for Driver – fixed cost if driver is used
- Cost per km/mi – cost of each kilometer/mile the driver makes
- Cost per Hour – cost of driver per hour
- Cost per Hour for Overtime – cost for each hour of drivers overtime
Driver cost impacts the optimization result. Here are a few examples:
- If you want to use one of the drivers only when needed – increase his cost.
- If work time is more important than the distance – increase costs per hour.
By default all drivers start and end their routes at the depot location. To define the drivers start location that is different from the depot location select the Start Location tab, disable the Use Depot as the Start Location checkbox and set the location.
To define the drivers end location that is different from his start location please select the End Location tab, disable the Use Start Location as the End Location checkbox and set the location.
Service areas for drivers can be set in the Service Areas tab. More information on the service areas can be found here.
Drivers speed can be adjusted in the Speed tab.
You can activate/deactivate the mobile app for that driver in the Mobile App tab.
After defining/modifying a driver’s details press Save.