November 28, 2016
Importing Orders from MS Excel or CSV
Any MS Excel file (template is available here) or CSV file (comma separated value) or tab delimited file can be imported as long as it contains one of the following options that define the location (all other fields are optional):
- Address, or
- Location ID, or
- Address Line, Town/City, State/Province, ZIP Code, Country/Region, or
- Latitude, Longitude.
To import the orders click on Import Orders button. In the Import Orders window select Import from CSV, TXT or Excel File. Select the prepared Microsoft Excel file on your computer and click on Import button.
OptimoRoute™ will try to match the columns from the file you have uploaded to fields in OptimoRoute™. You will be presented with the Import Orders – Column Mapping window where you can adjust the mapping if necessary. When you are satisfied with the mapping click on Continue Import. The column mapping will be saved, so you only have to make corrections once.
Before completing the import you get to review all the orders that will be imported. Location Accuracy column should be checked before saving. Possible statuses are:
- Matching Location ID – existing location with the same location ID was found in the system
- Matching Location – existing location with the same address and name was found in the system
- Geocoded – new location is created using the supplied address
- Geocoded, Multiple Results Found – new location is created using the supplied address, but multiple results have been found for the supplied address – should be checked before saving
- Geocoded, Partial Match – new location is created using the supplied address, but found result is only a partial match to the supplied address – should be checked before saving
- GPS Coordinates – new location is created using supplied latitude and longitude coordinates
- Not Found – address could not be found, location needs to be manually corrected
To check or correct a location, double-click on location in the Import Orders Review window. Make the necessary changes in the Edit location window and save the result.
When you are satisfied with the orders click on Save to complete the import.
Change the planning date if required and your orders will be displayed in the Orders table and on the map.