Any MS Excel file (template is available here) or CSV file (comma-separated value) or tab-delimited file can be imported – as long as it contains one of the following options that define the location (all other fields are optional):
- Address, or
- Location ID, or
- Address Line, Town/City, State/Province, ZIP Code, Country/Region, or
- Latitude, Longitude.
To import the orders, click on the Import Orders button. In the Import Orders window, select Import from CSV, TXT, or Excel File. Select the prepared Microsoft Excel file on your computer and click on the Import button.
OptimoRoute™ will try to match the columns from the file you have uploaded to fields in OptimoRoute™. You will be presented with the Import Orders – Column Mapping window where you can adjust the mapping if necessary. When you are satisfied with the mapping, click on Continue Import. The column mapping will be saved, so you only have to make corrections once.
Before completing the import, you will have a chance to review all the orders that will be imported. The Location Accuracy column should be checked before saving. Possible statuses are:
- Matching Location ID – existing location with the same location ID was found in the system
- Matching Location – existing location with the same address and name was found in the system
- Geocoded – new location is created using the supplied address
- Geocoded, Multiple Results Found – new location is created using the supplied address, but multiple results have been found for the supplied address – should be checked before saving
- Geocoded, Partial Match – new location is created using the supplied address, but found result is only a partial match to the supplied address – should be checked before saving
- GPS Coordinates – new location is created using supplied latitude and longitude coordinates
- Not Found – address could not be found, location needs to be manually corrected
To check or correct a location, double-click on the location in the Import Orders Review window. Make the necessary changes in the Edit location window and save the results.
When you are satisfied with the orders, click on Save to complete the import.
You can now change the planning date if it’s required. Your orders will then be displayed in the Orders table and on the map.
Your customers can track all their orders in real time once you enable OptimoRoute’s Realtime Order Tracking feature.
For more information, watch a video on importing orders here.