November 28, 2016
Export Routes to Garmin, TomTom and Navigon
Check your User Guide or with your manufacturer if your device supports file uploading and multi-stop routes.
Uploading .gpx files to Garmin devices
To upload the .gpx file you have exported from OptimoRoute to a Garmin device please follow the instructions bellow. Please note that exact steps may differ slightly from one device to the other.
- Connect your Garmin device to your computer. Your Garmin and memory card appear as removable drives in My Computer in Windows and as mounted volumes on Mac computers.
- Browse your computer for the .gpx file you have downloaded from OptimoRoute and copy it.
- Open the Garmin or memory card drive/volume and paste the .gpx file in the GPX folder.
- Unplug the Garmin device from your computer.
To access transferred routes on nuvi 465, 500, 700, 705, 800, 805, 1400, 1690, 5000 series or a zumo 220, 400, 500, 600, or 605 series:
- On your Garmin device select Tools > My Data (or User Data) > Import Routes so you can import the Route you have copied.
- Select Tools > Routes, select the Route and you are ready to go!
To access transferred routes on nuvi 2400, 2405, 2407, 2408, 2505, 2507, 2508, 2707, 2708, 3400, 3500, 3507, 3508, 3700 series, dezl 560, dezl 760, RV 760, and zumo 350 device:
- On your Garmin device select Tools (or Apps) > Trip Planner.
- Allow time for the device to automatically import the trip/route. The import will automatically begin, but no message will appear on the device indicating that the import is happening and may take several minutes to import the trips. Once the import is complete, all transferred routes will be displayed under a category called Unscheduled Trips in the Trip Planner. Until the trips show up in Trip Planner, please do not turn off the device or connect it to a computer
To access transferred routes on nuvi 295W:
- On your Garmin device select Where To? > Routes.
- Select the menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Import Routes.
- Select Where To? > Routes, select the Route and you are ready to go.
For some Garmin devices spoken navigation instructions are not available on imported routes.